Book an Appointment

Appointments are required. We ask that you please wait until you have all your tax slips and information before making an appointment. When you're ready, contact us to book!


What to Bring

We want to maximize your refund and help you get every tax credit and deduction you're entitled to. We've compiled a checklist of what you'll need to bring to your tax appointment!


If you have farming or business income:

Pick up an accounting record book at our office that you can use to track your revenue and expenses throughout the year. It can help farmers and businesses maximize their refund and reduce tax appointment times!

If you travelled in 2021:

Due to CRA proposed changes, you may be able to claim travel expenses of up to the amount in Box 32 of your T4, or a standard $1200 per family member. In order to claim, you must bring trip details such as meal, fuel, and hotel receipts to your tax appointment.

Personal Tax Checklist


Tax Return Checklist
2021 Trip Details Form

All Information Slips

  To avoid a 20% penalty from CRA on gross unreported income, please bring in all your T4s and income slips. If you receive a slip after filing, bring it to us and we will adjust your tax return.
    • T4 (employment income)
    • T4RIF (RRIF withdrawal)
    • T4RSP (RRSP withdrawal)
    • T4PS (profit share)
    • T2202 (tuition fees). If you or a dependent paid for post-secondary education please bring the T2202 slip from the college or university.
    • T3 (investment income)
    • T5 (investment income)
    • T4A (miscellaneous, CERB)
    • T4E (EI benefits)
    • T5018 (sub-contractors)
    • T4A(OAS) (Old Age Security)
    • T4A(P) (Canada Pension Plan)
    • T5007 (WCB / AB Seniors Benefit)
    • all corresponding provincial slips
    • any other slips you have received

Details of Other Income

    • Employment income that is not on T4 slips
    • Business income*
    • Farming income*
    • Parternship income
    • Rental income, including all amounts received from the sharing economy, such as AirBnB, Uber, etc.
    • Interest income that is not on T5 slips
    • Tips earned
    • Internet business activities and web address
    • Co-op equity statement (both equity statement and T4A needed)
    • If you used one of our farm or business record books, please bring it in!

Details of other Expenses

    • Employment related expenses. Provide signed form T2200 supplied by your employer.
    • Tools acquired by apprentice mechanics or other tradespeople
    • Interest on money borrowed to purchase investments or earn income (RRSP loans do not qualify)
    • Moving expenses, if you moved more than 40km closer to work and had or will have income after the move
    • Union or professional dues paid that do not appear on your T4 slip
    • Interest on student loans (only provincial or Canada student loans qualify)
    • Child care expenses paid, only if incurred when you went to work
    • Adoption related expenses
    • Clergy residence deduction information, including a signed form T1223
    • Disability supports expenses
    • Home Accessibility Tax Credit. If you are over 65 years of age or claim the Disability Tax Credit you can claim certain renovation costs to improve mobility or reduce risk of harm
    • Educator School Supply Tax Credit for licensed teachers. Bring in receipts for eligible school supplies (up to $1000) you purchased for use in the classroom. Please bring a letter of certification from your employer saying you bought the supplies for use in the classroom.
    • Home office expenses. If you worked from home 50% or more of the time over a 4 consecutive week period you may be eligible to claim home office expenses.
    • New home purchase. Did you purchase a home in the year? There is a first time home buyer’s tax credit (please bring legal/lawyer documentation of the purchase). (Note - if you paid GST on your purchase or build, you may also be eligible to receive some of your GST back. Please contact our office and ask about the New Housing GST Rebate.)

Other Information

    • Northern Residence and Northern Travel proof (must be brought in at the time of your appointment!). Under proposed changes, you can claim travel expenses of up to the amount in Box 32 of your T4, or a standard $1200 per family member.
      • Provide utility bills, rent receipts, or property tax bills (required even if you are only claiming trips). If you’re using utility bills or rent receipts, bring one each from January and December (of the tax year) to prove the full year of residency.
      • For travel claims, also provide receipts for fuel, hotels, campground fees, parking fees, and meals for travel. Credit card or bank statements are also acceptable (if they show the city of purchase).
      • Children in the household claiming a portion of the northern residence or travel need a letter signed by a parent (you can pick up a letter at our office prior to your appointment) and northern residence proof in the parents' names. A form letter can be picked up at our office prior to your appointment.
      • To speed up your appointment time, you can fill out our 2021 Trip Details Form for each of the trips you would like to claim prior to filing.
    • Medical expenses
      • Provide all receipts for prescriptions, glasses, eye exams, dental expenses, ambulance, Blue Cross or similar plan premiums.
      • If travel was required due to the service not being available locally, provide trip receipts and signed doctors' letters (form letters can be picked up at our office) that states you were required to travel. If you required someone to travel with you, the doctors' letters also need to state this.
      • See the full list of eligible medical expenses on the External link opens in new tab or windowCRA website.
    • Sale of home. If you sold a home in the tax year, CRA requires you to report this on your tax return. Please bring along the following information: year you originally purchased your home, street address or land location, and the selling price.
    • RRSP investment purchase receipts. If you contribute monthly, remember to bring the new year's January and February receipts (may only be received in March). If last year's January and February contributions were not claimed on your return, bring them now.
    • Foreign property. Provide details of foreign property owned at any time in the tax year including cash, stocks, trusts, real estate, etc. if the value/cost is over $100,000 CAD.
    • Disability Tax Credit. If you or a family member are eligible, this may provide substantial tax benefits. Provide a completed T2201 (blank forms can be picked up at our office for completion by a doctor). Note that the application process can take a long time and the tax credit can only be claimed once approved. Eligible diseases/conditions include (but are not limited to) diabetes, cystic fibrosis, kidney dialysis, down syndrome, blindness, confinement to wheelchair and mental disabilities.
    • Charity donation receipts (must be a registered charity). Even small donations can have a significant benefit. Donations made personally may have a larger benefit than those made by your corporation. US charities do not qualify unless you have US income.
    • Political donation / contribution receipts.
    • Direct deposit information if you would like to be set up for direct deposit, or if your banking information has changed. A bank statement or void cheque would have this information.
    • Previous year NOA (notice of assessment). We encourage you to bring in your previous year's Notice of Assessment to ensure proper assessment and to ensure all carry forward items are verified.
    • Spouse’s return. If we are not preparing your spouse or common law partner’s personal tax return, please provide their return for review and tax planning.

This list covers most of the information you need to bring in, but please bring in anything not covered here
if you believe that you need to report it on your tax return. We would be happy to go over it with you.

Visit External link opens in new tab or windowCRA's website for more details on any of these items.